Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rejected!



This is what the bright red sticker on the front of Jared's car says. I took it in to gets it's annual safety inspection last week. Things did not turn out as we had hoped. I can't say we're surprised it didn't pass, but we were hopeful. Believe it or not, this same thing happened last year when I took it in, and I think the year before too. It's the car that keeps on going. Jared doesn't see this rejection sticker as a problem, just an opportunity to learn some new car mechanics (how to replace the ball joints and an arm bushing to be specific). He fixed the car last year when it failed (not the same problems of course) and we're crossing our fingers that he can do it again. If not, this may be the end of the road for the Mitsubishi and what a sad day that would be. I'm sure you're all concerned about the well being of the Mitsubishi (especially Bryce) so I'll make sure to post the final outcome. In the mean time, cross your fingers.

2 comments:

  1. It has been a while since I've seen the Mitsubishi. Wow, the years have not been kind.

    For what it is worth, I don't feel badly dogging on Mitty given my many years of driving 'experienced' vehicles. This year, for the first time in my life, I am driving a car that was actually built in the same decade in which I am driving it. Maybe it is Jared's turn to join the decade as well.

    Does Mazda still make the Protege? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad day indeed! Poor Monte...I know that Jared wanted that car to last forever.

    ReplyDelete